Picture Caption: H. E. Sultan Almansoori, Minister of Economy and Chairman of the SME Council, speaks with Dr. Ziad Awad, Canadian firm SNC-Lavalin’s Senior Vice President (SVP) and Head of Region, Middle East, India and Africa.
Canadian Government Officials, CBC Board of Directors, and CBC Sponsors and Members Attend the UAE Ministry of Economy’s 7th Conference on SME and Innovation. The event highlighted the importance of the Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) and their contributions to the Economy.
In his speech, H. E. Sultan Almansoori, Minister of Economy and Chairman of the SME Council highlighted the collaboration that was held between the UAE and Canada. He also indicated that the event was held in Canada few years ago as part of this collaboration.
The closed event was heavily attended by Canadian delegates including:
- H. E. Masud Husain, Ambassador of Canada to the UAE
- H. E. Emmanuel Kamarianakis, Consul General of Canada to Dubai and Northern Emirates
- Mr. Glen McPherson, Consul and Senior Trade Commissioner at the Canadian Consulate in Dubai
- Mr. Ronan Caillo, Commercial Counsellor at the Embassy of Canada to the UAE
- Dr. Ziad Awad, Senior Vice President (SVP) and Head of Region, Middle East, India and Africa for Canadian firm SNC-Lavalin
- Mr. Maher Ezzedine, Vice-Chairman at the Canadian Business Council (CBC) Abu Dhabi
- Mr. Gregory Zoughbi, Board Member and Head of Membership and Sponsorship at the Canadian Business Council (CBC) Abu Dhabi